If this is your first time here, you may want to subscribe to the site feed (also available by email) so that you will be alerted as soon as new content is posted.  Check out the index for a list of all posts, see the most popular content, go to a random post, or take a look at the Free Christmas Music website for even more music.  Please send me an email if you need to contact me for any reason.

Search for free Christmas music

Enter the name of a song or artist and click Search.
More information about this custom search engine

2010-12-12

Rosalie Kauffman - Christmas Peace

Christmas Peace is a collection of Christmas songs by Rosalie Kauffman that is beautiful in its simplicity.  There's no playing around with the arrangements, and the instrumentation is kept to things like piano, strings, and guitar.  The real star of the album is Ms. Kauffman's voice, which is clear and very powerful with a great range - just listen to what she does on songs like "Mary Did You Know?" and "Oh Holy Night" to hear what I'm talking about.

I realize that I tend to post about a lot of unordinary Christmas music, be it completely original songs or creative arrangements of familiar songs, but I do love more traditional sounding Christmas music too.  This album is a great example of that.  It actually reminds me quite a bit of Martina McBride's White Christmas: just a classic sounding Christmas album that can be enjoyed by the whole family.  There are a few songs, like "All Because" and "Breath of Heaven", that I was previously unfamiliar with, but they sit very nicely alongside the songs that I do know.  Songs like "Oh Come All Ye Faithful" and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" sound absolutely beautiful here.

One thing to note is that the album is available in .m4a format, so you need to make sure that your media player can handle that format before trying to play the album.  I guess that this is one of the formats supported by iPods, though, so it's not as if it's an unheard of format.  Hopefully no one will have any problems trying to play this album - if you do, please let me know, and we'll see if we can find something that will play it for you.  Also, the download pages lists "The Christmas Song" as the third song on the album, but unfortunately the file does not seem to be on the server.  I have sent an email to the address listed on the error page, so if I hear anything back from the site, I'll update this post with the information.  Happy listening!

URL:

No comments: