If this is your first time here, you may want to subscribe to the site feed (also available by email) so that you will be alerted as soon as new content is posted.  Check out the index for a list of all posts, see the most popular content, go to a random post, or take a look at the Free Christmas Music website for even more music.  Please send me an email if you need to contact me for any reason.

Search for free Christmas music

Enter the name of a song or artist and click Search.
More information about this custom search engine

2010-12-02

Haunting Party - Merry Little Xmas Tape

Haunting Party's Merry Little Xmas Tape opens with an absolutely charming version of "Baby, It's Cold Outside" and closes with "New Year's Eve", both of which were written by Frank Loesser; it's nice how his songs bookend the album.

In between the two Loesser songs are fun versions of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" and "Winter Wonderland", both of which are arranged as duets, something I'm not sure I've heard before; it works amazingly well here.  In fact, of the six songs on the album, the only ones that are not done as duets are the last two, "Home for Christmas" and "New Year's Eve".  The latter is my favourite song on the album - actually, it's one of the best songs I've heard this year.  I'm not sure just how it is that I'd never heard it before, but I'll definitely be on the lookout for more versions of it in the future.
The entire album is only a shade over 20 minutes long (which I guess makes it an EP), so you almost can't not download it.  Happy listening!

URL:

No comments: