If this is your first time here, you may want to subscribe to the site feed (also available by email) so that you will be alerted as soon as new content is posted.  Check out the index for a list of all posts, see the most popular content, go to a random post, or take a look at the Free Christmas Music website for even more music.  Please send me an email if you need to contact me for any reason.

Search for free Christmas music

Enter the name of a song or artist and click Search.
More information about this custom search engine

2010-12-07

A Garritan Community Christmas Volume 7

I need to be a little more brief than usual tonight (it's been a rather busy day in a rather intense snowstorm), so I'm turning to one of the most dependable sources of free Christmas music I know - the Garritan Community Christmas Album, which is now in its seventh year of existence.  It's hard to believe that there were only three of these albums available when I started this blog.  I always enjoy downloading the newest album as soon as I can find it and listening to all the varied sounds that these talented artists are able to create on their computers.  Some sounds and songs work better than others, but on the whole there is always a very professional and polished feel to the albums, and this one is no different.  I really like the organ sound on "O Come All Ye Faithful", and there are some beautiful instrument sounds, not to mention vocals, on "Gifts for the Country King".  Another highlight is the jazzy version of "We Three Kings"; I always like the songs that step out of the classical domain, as that's where the true diversity of the instruments can be heard.  Happy listening!

URL: 

No comments: