If this is your first time here, you may want to subscribe to the site feed (also available by email) so that you will be alerted as soon as new content is posted.  Check out the index for a list of all posts, see the most popular content, go to a random post, or take a look at the Free Christmas Music website for even more music.  Please send me an email if you need to contact me for any reason.

Search for free Christmas music

Enter the name of a song or artist and click Search.
More information about this custom search engine

2014-11-29

Greetings for 2014!

Hello! I wonder if there's still anyone reading this blog. If you feel like leaving a comment, please do - I know I haven't posted much here in the last few years, but it's always nice to hear from readers.

There are a lot of reasons I haven't been able to post as much as I used to, but one big reasons is that I actually don't come across as much free music as I used to in years past. There were some years where I had an absolute flood of new music to deal with, and I would have to figure out how to listen to enough of it so that I could form opinions about it, and then get posts up on the blog before Christmas was already over. That doesn't happen anymore. I don't know if it's because artists have embraced streaming or other forms of distributing their music or what, but the end result is I just don't find a lot of downloadable music anymore.

Anyway, all that said, I think I might have at least a few things to post about this year, so hopefully you'll be hearing from me again really soon. In the meantime, please leave a comment if you're so inclined!

14 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Jeff,

Definitely still checking in with you, and thanks for the post. My favorite freebie so far this season has been "Emmanuel Lux" by Koine over at Noisetrade. Has a couple of original songs and several reworked Lutheran Christmas hymns which I had not heard before. As of this evening, the link was still active.

Chris in Cary

JT said...

Hi Chris,

Thanks for checking in! I haven't been on Noisetrade in a long time, so I'll have to head over there and see what they've got this year, as I used to get a lot of good stuff from them. Thanks for the heads up!

Jeff

Sam Beckwith said...

I'm still here, and looking forward to your 2014 picks!
All the best,
Sam Beckwith
Prague, Czech Republic

Aaron said...

Not much to say other than I appreciate your work, and I'm definitely still checking in with you.

JT said...

Sam and Aaron: thank you for the nice comments! I haven't looked forward to posting here this much in a long time. :)

Anonymous said...

I just checked in before Thanksgiving. I hope your world has settled down. I appreciate you sharing your efforts

Chris said...

Was over on Noisetrade last night, and I noticed that my favorite from last year has been reposted: The Oh Hellos - The Oh Hellos' Family Christmas Album. Nice mix of sacred and secular in four movements, each of which has several songs. Nice vocals and rich instrumental arrangements.

Chris in Cary

Ricky the Quick said...

Yes, I'm still out there! Thank you for your blog!

Jim Brantley said...

The Brantley Family Band is back with a new hit (and a new band member!) for 2014: www.thebrantleyfamilyband.com We hope that you enjoy it!

JT said...

Woohoo, thanks for the heads up, Jim! You know I always love your Christmas songs - I can't wait to hear what you guys have done this year!

Liana Stone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liana Stone said...

I was just taking a peek at what my husband's and my names bring up on google, and it led me to your gracious review of our little Christmas EP, all the way back in 2010. Thank you!! That's nice to find, even five years later. We've been quiet for awhile, but are heading back to the studio this fall... not primarily to do Christmas tunes, but you never know. We might be able to sneak a few in there. :) If we do, I'll make sure they find their way to you. Thanks again!

lukakuvicmu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PJ said...

Still here and still looking!