If this is your first time here, you may want to subscribe to the site feed (also available by email) so that you will be alerted as soon as new content is posted.  Check out the index for a list of all posts, see the most popular content, go to a random post, or take a look at the Free Christmas Music website for even more music.  Please send me an email if you need to contact me for any reason.

Search for free Christmas music

Enter the name of a song or artist and click Search.
More information about this custom search engine

2011-12-30

Auld Lang Syne 2011


And here we are, at the end of another year.  I have to say, I really enjoyed blogging about free Christmas music more this year than any other time I can remember - not that it's ever a chore or anything, but it was especially enjoyable this year.  I think the lowered expectations I had for myself really helped a lot.  Thanks also for all the wonderful comments and emails that you have all left for me - it always means a lot to me to read them.

Anyway, this being the eve of New Year's Eve, I think it's about time for the annual "Auld Lang Syne" post.  I have five versions of the song this year; here they are in no particular order:
  • Jordan Gladstone's version is actually called "I Heard the Bells on Auld Lang Syne" and is from the Badgerland: Thee Christmas Mix Tape 2010 compilation.  It's a very cool instrumental guitar version.
  • Sam Billen's version is from a compilation that was actually released two years ago, but I somehow still haven't gotten around to posting about.  Anyway, it's a very mellow and beautiful version.
  • Human has a cool, jazzy version of the song.
  • Joel Rakes has actually released two versions of the song: a "Happy" and a "Sad" version.  These are only available for free for the next week, so go get them now.
And there we go.  Hopefully at least one of these versions of the song will help you to usher in the new year in whatever way you choose to.  Once again, many thanks for reading the blog again this year, and I'll be back again between ten and eleven months from now to do this all over again.

Happy New Year, and happy listening!

URLs:

2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Thanks for alerting us to all the awesome free music! It is always welcome and appreciated!

Here's to a great 2012 to you & yours!

Jeff said...

Thanks for sharing the information on where to find free Christmas music for the holidays.