If this is your first time here, you may want to subscribe to the site feed (also available by email) so that you will be alerted as soon as new content is posted.  Check out the index for a list of all posts, see the most popular content, go to a random post, or take a look at the Free Christmas Music website for even more music.  Please send me an email if you need to contact me for any reason.

Search for free Christmas music

Enter the name of a song or artist and click Search.
More information about this custom search engine

2011-12-15

Customary Christmas


If you're like me and your knowledge of Christmas hip hop music (or is rap the term I'm looking for here?  If someone could let me know the difference - if any - it would be greatly appreciated!  I feel like I get in over my head with some of this Christmas music sometimes, but it's all in good fun.) pretty much starts and ends at Run-D.M.C.'s "Christmas in Hollis", then this one is for you.  Customary Christmas is a collection of five Christmas-themed hip hop songs (plus instrumental versions of each song).  You'll recognize the choruses of songs like "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", "Sleigh Ride", and "White Christmas", but the verses are all original creations by Customary.  The tone of each song is more on the serious side as compared to "Christmas in Hollis".   I wish I could say more about them, but I'm really not normally much of a fan of hip hop - I just really like the way these songs sound.

The link to download the album is actually in the logo at the top of the page.  There are also a couple of videos embedded on the page - one is a music video for the title track (which is quite good), and the other explains the background of the album a little, as well as gives some information about the causes that it is supporting (Act Six and City Union Mission) - and there are links to donate to each organization, if you are so inclined.

Happy listening!

URL:

No comments: