If this is your first time here, you may want to subscribe to the site feed (also available by email) so that you will be alerted as soon as new content is posted.  Check out the index for a list of all posts, see the most popular content, go to a random post, or take a look at the Free Christmas Music website for even more music.  Please send me an email if you need to contact me for any reason.

Search for free Christmas music

Enter the name of a song or artist and click Search.
More information about this custom search engine

2008-11-18

Song Spotlight: The Snowballs - "Song About Christmas"

Hello there, and welcome back to the Free Christmas Music blog!  I hope that you've had a good year and that you are looking forward to Christmas.  I've been listening to at least a bit of Christmas music since just after Halloween, and the last few days I've been listening to little else.  I've been thinking about things that I can post about this year and I've already got a few ideas.  If anyone has any requests for things they'd like to see featured here, please leave a comment or send me an email and I'll see what I can do.

The first thing I'd like to post about is a little song that struck me as quite cool when I heard it a couple of days ago.  The song is called "Song About Christmas" by Oxfordshire, UK-based band The Snowballs.  As you may have guessed from the title, this is not exactly a traditional Christmas song; instead, it's an upbeat punk rock tune with tongue-in-cheek lyrics that capture the fun, offbeat side of Christmas time.  If you can imagine what it would sound like if The Clash had included a Christmas song on London Calling, you'll have a good idea of what this song sounds like.  Or, even better, go download the song and hear it for yourself (here's an alternate download location).

I hope you enjoy this little gem of a track.  Until next time, happy listening!

URLs:

No comments: