If this is your first time here, you may want to subscribe to the site feed (also available by email) so that you will be alerted as soon as new content is posted.  Check out the index for a list of all posts, see the most popular content, go to a random post, or take a look at the Free Christmas Music website for even more music.  Please send me an email if you need to contact me for any reason.

Search for free Christmas music

Enter the name of a song or artist and click Search.
More information about this custom search engine

2010-11-30

Joshua James - Fields and Floods

Unexpected computer problems (are there any other kind?) are forcing me to be a little more brief than usual with this post. 

Early this morning, I somehow managed to get "Blue Christmas" stuck in my head, so I thought that whatever I post about today should include a version of that song.  A quick search of the music I haven't yet posted about turned up two recordings of "Blue Christmas"; one is on today's album, and I'll likely post about the other one at a later date.

Fields and Floods by Joshua James is the name of the album, and the version of "Blue Christmas" here has a nice light country feel to it.  The entire album is also quite laid back, with a very hushed vocal style, which is great if you're looking for something relaxing to listen to.  "Joy to the World", from which the album's title is taken, is another highlight, building to a nice crescendo before the end of the song.  Happy listening!

URL:

 

No comments: