If this is your first time here, you may want to subscribe to the site feed (also available by email) so that you will be alerted as soon as new content is posted.  Check out the index for a list of all posts, see the most popular content, go to a random post, or take a look at the Free Christmas Music website for even more music.  Please send me an email if you need to contact me for any reason.

Search for free Christmas music

Enter the name of a song or artist and click Search.
More information about this custom search engine

2011-12-14

Happy Holidays 2011 from PumpYouUp.com


Here's something different: a collection of dubstep arrangements of Christmas songs (mostly from The Nutcracker) courtesy of PumpYouUp.com.  I am by no means an expert on dubstep - in fact, the only other time I can recall deliberately listening to a dubstep song was when I heard "Pipe Wrench Dubstep" from the Machinarium Bonus EP - so I can't say for sure whether or not this is good dubstep.  I rather like the sound of it, though.  All of the songs are instrumental and have a very unique synthesizer-based sound - I've certainly never heard Christmas music arranged quite like this before.  "Dark Jingle Bell Dub" is probably my favourite of the bunch.

I suppose it's entirely possible that there are entire albums of dubstep Christmas music out there - like I said, it's not exactly something I've sought out before.  But whether dubstep is something you love or if it's entirely new to you, this collection is well worth checking out.  Incidentally, for anyone who is into dubstep, could you tell me how this compares to your favourite dubstep?  And is there any other dubstep - Christmas or otherwise - that you would recommend for someone who is new to the genre?  Thanks, and happy listening!

URL:

No comments: